I am sure you have read the press release last month “Flexera to Acquire BDNA, Reimagining How Data Powers the Software Supply Chain.”
The combination of Flexera and BDNA creates the world’s largest technology asset data platform, transforming how software is bought, sold, managed and secured.
Next week is the annual Fusion 17 service management event, the most comprehensive annual conference for IT service management professionals. Fusion is the one place to learn and network with the very best in service management—and leave with the tools, knowledge, and contacts to develop an ITSM strategy that will inspire your customers and grow your business.
For the first time, Flexera and BDNA are sponsors at Fusion, together.
There are numerous synergies between ITSM processes, a comprehensive Software License Optimization solution, and the largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets on the planet. You can improve operational efficiency, increase end-user satisfaction, minimize license compliance risk, reduce costs, improve service quality, decrease incident rates, reduce resolution times and increase first call resolution rates.
Here are some of the benefits of the combination of Flexera Software License Optimization, the Flexera + BDNA Data Platform, and IT Service Management:
- Facilitate the creation of a standard software product catalog by making a normalized list of software titles available to the CMDB
- Enhance Change Management by identifying the machines that are candidates for update when new versions of desktop or server software are released
- Support software Request Management by implementing an app store for IT self-service; the app store can check for an available license to fulfill that request
- Improved user satisfaction due to faster request fulfillment
- Automate the software license reclamation process to reduce software costs
- Support Capacity/Demand Management by enabling IT to determine the impact on license position of adding or virtualizing servers, or adding processors to a server (‘What If’ Analysis)
- Improve resolution times (MTTR)
- Reduce incident rates by accurately mapping products to knowledge base articles
- Detect problems from incidents faster by accurately grouping and aggregating incidents
- Avoid outages and unnecessary escalations with intelligent routing and service-based ticket prioritization
- Improve first call resolution rates by providing Level 1 technicians ready access to data, such as versions and editions of installed software, needed to triage and resolve tickets
Want more information? Be sure to read BDNA Solutions for Service Desk/IT Service Management and the White Paper Integrate Software License Optimization and IT Service Management to Increase Efficiency and Reduce Costs.
And if you are going to Fusion 17 (#SMFusion), be sure to stop by Booth 800 and 801 and say hello! And we will not let you leave without taking home some cool Flexera swag!