There are an estimated 65,000 enterprise companies around the world that use software from SAP®. With over 80,000 employees in more than 130 regional offices, SAP is one of the largest software companies in the world with products across Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
From the high number of mission critical SAP applications, you would expect that most enterprises have control over their SAP relationships and licensing. There are challenges, however, that are faced by many SAP customers. Whether related to annual audits, complex license agreements, non-optimal user and package licensing, and a rapidly changing legal environment, managing and optimizing SAP licensing has become more critical than ever.
And the recent SAP v. Diageo “indirect use” legal decision provides enough cause for concern for executives to assess the state of their SAP relationship, and potential financial risk.
So, what can senior executives, IT asset managers, and procurement professionals do to manage their SAP licensing and vendor relationship to drive predictable outcomes and increase business value?
The short answer is, you can take proactive control of your SAP licensing. Proactively managing and optimizing your SAP Applications will help you reduce licensing costs, maintain license compliance, and help identify and mitigate the legal and financial implications of SAP “indirect access.”
Here are some proactive optimization steps you can do to take control of your SAP licenses:
- Identify and retire idle user accounts
- Find and resolve duplicate users – named users that have accounts on multiple SAP systems
- Identify accounts on non-SAP (indirect access) systems that are idle and can be retired
- Identify users who have accounts on both SAP systems and non-SAP systems, to avoid licensing these users multiple times
- Determine the optimal SAP license type based on all available information including their system authorizations and usage history
For more information, be sure join Flexera and UpperEdge for a webinar and panel discussion on SAP license and vendor management entitled, “Take Proactive Control of Your SAP Licensing, Indirect Usage and Vendor Management.” In this information packed session, you will learn:
- SAP’s audit process and defense techniques you can employ
- Consequences of not having a handle on your SAP relationship
- Real world customer scenarios of indirect use and how to minimize your financial risk
- Significance of the SAP v. Diageo case
- Best practice approaches for sustaining and evolving the value of your SAP relationship
And we will be taking questions from the audience on your most important SAP license management topics for our panel of experts!
Be sure to join us on the following dates and times:
June 1 – 10:00 am (US Central Time)
June 6 – 2:00 pm (Australia)
June 8 – 10:00 am (United Kingdom)
And if you cannot join us on one of the dates above, be sure to register to receive the link to the on-demand webinar recording when it becomes available.
Take proactive control of your SAP licensing and vendor relationship!