By Jakob Balle
Today, one week after we announced the public beta test of the Secunia PSI, it is with great pleasure, that we are able to conclude that the PSI BETA Test is an enormous success.
More than 30,000 users have already installed and tested the Secunia PSI BETA – Over 2,400,000 applications have been detected and categorised as Insecure, End-of-Life, or Up-To-Date.
We are very excited about the amount of positive feedback that you guys have already sent us, along side many great suggestions for improvements.
Therefore, it is with great pleasure that we're able to announce, that development of version 0.1.0.1 has begun, where some of the highlights are:
* Support for Windows Vista
* Creation of Directory Exclude Rules (ignore back-up / installation directories)
* Use the default choice of browser for external links
* Enable copy/paste to the Secunia PSI interface
* Several minor bug fixes
* Detection/Monitoring of even more applications. 200 new File Signatures have already been added.
We're looking forward to the future development of the Secunia PSI, please keep sending your good ideas and feedback for the Secunia PSI (email@example.com).
If you haven't already, feel free to participate in the ongoing Secunia PSI BETA Test:
IT Development Manager