I am proud to announce that the new Secunia Corporate Software Inspector (CSI) 6.0 Beta is now available for testing.
When developing the Secunia CSI 6.0, the overall theme and goal has been to “empower users” to further improve security and reduce risk in your environments.
With empowerment we mean:
- Seamless integration with your preferred and existing security solutions to provide transparency and maximum value to you. The Secunia CSI can be easily integrated with your preferred Deployment Solution (such as Microsoft WSUS/SCCM or Altiris Deployment Solution) for efficient patch deployment, or you can use the export function in the Secunia CSI to integrate with and push data to, for example a GRC or a SIEM tool. The Secunia CSI 6.0 also provides seamless integration with the Secunia VIM and the newly released Secunia PSI 3.0.
- Extensive coverage of Operating Systems and Programs that you have in your environment. In addition to covering Windows and Mac OSX, the Secunia CSI now covers Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) as well as any custom software you may have in your environment (please note that RHEL coverage will not be available in the beta release).
- Easy setup, configuration and usage so that you can focus on getting the job done. For example, Active Directory integration means that you can automatically update organisational units and structure in the Secunia CSI when changes are made to the Active Directory, and Microsoft SCCM integration means that you can avoid installing any new agents in your environment at all, significantly decreasing the time spent on setting up and configuring the Secunia CSI.
- Finding the data that matters to you easily and quickly, and take the appropriate action, by using Secunia Smart Groups.
- Deployment of security updates that are available out-of-the box allows you to quickly get the job done.
In short, we believe that Secunia CSI 6.0 is a lot more than “just another Patch Management tool”, and we have been looking forward to this day and to being able to share it with all of you.
Please have a look at http://secunia.com/csi6beta for more info.